Monday, November 24, 2008

The Empire of New York

The Empire of New York

Location
: New York City, New York, USA
Year: 2008
Camera: Canon 40D, 17-85mm f/4-5.6 lens
Settings: ISO 400, f/9.0, 1/320 speed, 20mm
Other: I believe I had my circular-polarizing filter on.
Details: On my trip to New York I was walking around snapping some pictures and had the fortune to see some awesome sunlight beans streaking around the Empire State building. Given the somewhat lower lighting conditions but the need to hand hold the camera, I had the ISO set to 400. My aperture was set to 9.0 for some good clarity throughout the picture. This is also a good example of experimenting with different angles when shooting various subjects.
Processing: HDR processing to get a more pronounced effect of the sunlight.

No comments: