Sunday, November 30, 2008

Photo: Classic Car

Sunset on the Porsche

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Year
: 2008
Camera: Canon 40D, 17-85mm f/4-5.6 lens
Settings: ISO 100, f/6.3, 1/30 second, 56mm
Support: hand held

Details: this shot was taken while I was in Grand Bend on a golf trip with some coworkers. We were just walking towards a restaurant for dinner and I noticed an awesome, classic Porsche on the street with the setting sun hitting the car. This was an opportunity that I didn't want to pass on, so I took a few quick snaps of the car. In this shot I angled myself so I can get the sun beaming through the windshield, some shadow casting of the car, and some awesome reflection from the clean metal.

My best advice to give is always take the shot when you see it. I will guarantee if you decide to come back later, you car will be gone, the sun will be down, of whatever you wanted to photography is not the same. Great moments happen, and each one is unique and temporary. Take the shot when you can.

Processing: HDR processing with Photomatix to bring out the colours more. The original shot did not have as vibrant a range of the sunset, the car dials, or the reflection from the metal.

No comments: