Sunday, November 23, 2008

Photo: Grand Bend Sunset

Grand Bend Sunset

Location: Grand Bend, Ontario, Canada
Year: 2008
Camera: Canon 40D, 17-85mm f/4-5.6 lens
Settings: ISO 100, f/14, 1/15 speed, 85mm focal length
Details: This shot was taken at sun set at the beach in Grand Bend, Ontario. Since I took this shot with a small aperture and slow shutter speed, I needed to stabilize the camera. Not having any of my tripods with me, I was able to rest the camera on a flat wooden hand rail that was along the beach. I set the camera's self-timer to 2 seconds, composed the frame, pressed the button, and kept my hands of the camera. Using the self-timer is a great way to reduce camera shake that occurs when your pressing the camera button.
Processing: This photo had some minimal single file HDR processing to bring the colours out a bit more. I also added my signature on the bottom of the picture with Photoshop CS3.


No comments: